We will provide the national R&I ecosystem with:
- A unique online catalogue containing all methodologies, technologies, techniques, and facilities available within the consortium;
- Opportunities for research excellence across materials for different applications, from catalysis, electrodes, thermo-electrics, membranes, and photovoltaics, to combustion, hydrogen, and marine renewables;
- Top-level expertise on micro- and nanoscale structural, compositional, opto-electronic, in-situ, and in-operando characterization;
- Technologies and processes on power electronics, sensing, fuel cells, photovoltaics, batteries, supercapacitors, engines/combustion systems, waste valorization, (photo)catalysis, as well as on recyclability and durability of materials;
- New fabrication technologies with reduced environmental and energy impacts.
We will be a key component of an integrated system of Research Infrastructures and Research and Innovation programmes realized in the framework of the Italian PNRR programme, from academic and industrial research up to technological transfer in the areas of Clean Energy Transition, Sustainability, and Circular Economy, able to cover the entire value chain from low to high TRL;
The pivotal role within the national framework of Universities and Research Institutions of all the co-proponents of iENTRANCE@ENL is an added value and a guarantee of Sustainability and Resilience, as well as ok keeping the Research Infrastructure at the European state-of-the-art;
We will be compliant to EOSC and fully address the Digital Goals of NGEU: all resources within the online catalogue will be integrated and made fully interoperable in terms of access procedures, protocols, and training, in accordance with the Open Access and FAIR principles;
We will synergize with the academic ecosystem to boost research, innovation, and job creation, by providing services that complement advanced academic education, as well as personalized training programs for Ph.D. students and early-stage researchers, with the aim to give people the knowledge, skills, and competences to critically use and benefit from scientific data;
We envisage a strong connection with national and regional programmes to foster Italian competitiveness, autonomy, and sovereignty within the global challenges identified by the European Green Deal and the Horizon Europe Framework Programme, with priorities related to Clean Energy, Sustainable Mobility, Climate Action, and Eliminating Pollution.